Thursday, February 9, 2012

Freeing the Mind and Body

All photos by LaSquizzie Kern.
Throughout this process ( as we theatre people would call it), I have had an extremely difficult time learning to NOT think. No, that wasn't a typo, I really just said I have a difficult time learning how to NOT think. I have a tendency to over think things and be intimidated by being "free." Tonight at rehearsal, I had a breakthrough. I was able to relax my body enough to create movements with my mask that I have never been able to create before. I found myself at home in my mask and truly found myself becoming this completely different character. (Other than myself that is.)  After rehearsal, I was so baffled and overwhelmed with the feeling of letting go that I nearly cried. I wasn't wanting to cry because I was upset or disappointed, but because I felt so..... FREE. It was the first time that my knees weren't locked and my shoulders weren't stiff. Tomorrow, I have to work on audition stuff for SETC and I am going to use the energy from rehearsal tonight as I work.



Have and Peaceful and Productive evening... :)

Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment